Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Life is beautiful...

I'm back! :-D

The wedding was GORGEOUS. I appreciate every single person who did SO much to help. I love all of my bridesmaids and they were are so beautiful in their dresses and their pretty smiling faces and encouragement.

Our honeymoon was relaxing and fun. We stayed two nights at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel. It was REALLY nice. The night of our wedding, we got to the hotel and the bellhop was an older christian man and when he took us to our room he said he had never in all his years of doing his job met a couple like us and then he took our hands and prayed a beautiful prayer of blessing on us!

We then went to Black Mountain (near Asheville) and stayed at the Lifeway Ridgecrest Retreat Center for 3 nights. They gave Michael the Minister's discount and we got a two room suite with two bathrooms, a kitchenette, a living room, and a little porch with two white rocking chairs! It was beautiful area and place to stay! We left there on my birthday (the 19th) and then went to Northern Georgia and stayed in a Cabin on 27 acres. It was gorgeous and quiet! The home is owned by one of Michael's former elderly customers. It is her winter home and so she let us use it for free for as long as we wanted and also let us use her little Nissan in the driveway so we could save money on gas (with Michael's big ole' truck). We stayed there a week and enjoyed watching deer in our back yard, candlelit dinners, reading the bible and praying together, bike riding (we went on a 7 1/2 mile bike ride one day. Whoa!), and taking a day trip to the Highlands, NC, which included hiking to waterfalls and sightseeing.

We are settled into our new apartment down here in good ole' Dallas. It is a gorgeous and homey little place with high ceilings and plenty of room for the two of us. I have already started setting up housekeeping. :-D The area is so nice and I am already eyeballing several little bookshops and cute little cafes for possible jobs.

God is blessing us in so many ways. I am very happy for several reasons... being married to the most godly and loving man I know, knowing I am in God's will for my life, and just having fun being a wife and taking care of my wonderful husband!

1 comment:

Sarah Ann said...

So happy for you Steph and Michael! Do we get to see wedding pictures?!!! ;-) I did see a couple from Crystal! Trust that you will settle in soon there!


About Me

My photo
My name is Stephanie and I grew up in Florida. I have been drawing since I could hold a crayon. Even though I never had any formal training, I am well known for my vibrant style. I enjoy painting murals, drawing wall art, colorful stationary & invitations, and many other artistic projects. I am currently working on writing and illustrating my first book.

Followers