Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hudson is HOME!

Dear Family and Friends,

After more than 10 days of testing, "code-blue" moments, medication, rest, and recovery, we are finally and safely home. For both Stephanie and I, there were times of great fear and anxiety over our little son's condition, but the Lord graciously gave us peace and comfort in our times of need. Almost every day we were pleasantly surprised by visiting guests who offered their prayers and encouragement. We are so very grateful for each dear one who stopped by during this ordeal. We cannot thank you enough for your smiles, care packages, and thoughtful words that ministered to our hearts during this time.

Each card, balloon, email note, flower, and gift uplifted our hearts and brought joy to our long days. Over the past ten days we have felt overwhelmed by the love of Christ more than ever before. Thank you all for your constant prayers. We are so thankful to the Lord for each one of you.

Children's Medical Center of Dallas did an excellent job treating Hudson and their conscientious care was greatly appreciated. Hudson is doing much better now, and although he still has a cough, the frequency of his struggles has significantly decreased. He is VERY hungry all the time, and this morning he let Mommy and Daddy know this dozens of times through the effective use of his strong lungs and vocal chords.

He is now resting peacefully at home with Stephanie and I. What relief we find in simply seeing him rest soundly with good color in his little, pudgy cheeks. Please continue to pray that he completely recovers from pertussis and is able to regain the weight he lost over the past two weeks. Also, please continue praying for Stephanie's cough as well. She suffered some bruising of ribs due to her coughing and this pain is still hard to bear. For us as a family, please pray that the Father continues to physically recover us, and unite and ground us in the love of His Son, Jesus Christ. Also, the pressure of finishing this semester of seminary will be particularly heavy on my shoulders over the next four weeks, as I try to desperately catch up with all the assignments - I would covet your prayers in this regard.

Thank you for your loving support, prayers, and thoughtful exhortations. We are sincerely grateful for all of you and pray that the Lord blesses you with His peace and grace.

"I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; From where shall my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to slip; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand. The sun will not smite you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will protect you from all evil; He will keep your soul. The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forever." ~ Psalm 121



In Christ Alone,
Michael Breznau

1 comment:

Sarah Ann said...

We are praying for all three of you during this time. I even mentioned pray for you in Sunday School this past Sunday. What a great blessing to hear that Hudson is home!!! That is an answer to many prayers! Keep your eyes on our dear Lord.


About Me

My photo
My name is Stephanie and I grew up in Florida. I have been drawing since I could hold a crayon. Even though I never had any formal training, I am well known for my vibrant style. I enjoy painting murals, drawing wall art, colorful stationary & invitations, and many other artistic projects. I am currently working on writing and illustrating my first book.

Followers