Tuesday, June 14, 2011

...love at first sight...

I will never forget the first moment I saw Michael. My breath caught and I felt dizzy. He was by far the most handsome guy I had ever seen. What was wrong with me? I wasn't the type of girl to get weak kneed over a guy. I calmed myself and continued my conversation, aware that he was sitting right across from me, sneaking glances my way. There was no way I could have known that at that moment he was having the same reaction. People talk about love at first sight as a myth, an illusion. I do agree there is no such thing as deep love at first sight, but there are moments of connection and Michael and I definitely connected that day. We talked on and on for hours, finding that we had a lot in common and similar hearts for ministry and Jesus. I never thought I would see him again. :-)

Thankfully, I was wrong.

Now, five years after that brief and ordained meeting, I am married to that amazing man. I thank God for him every day. I am so grateful for all the big things, but also the small (having a husband who changes diapers without complaining is indeed a huge blessing). ;-) We have endured so many things together: a honeymoon baby, a deathly ill baby and sick wife who both had severe pertussis, no money, the hardships of graduate school, hard living situations, him working 2 jobs, etc. I could go on and on, but God protected us through each step of the way. The wondrous thing about it all is that God used those difficult circumstances to draw us closer to each other, not far apart.

To say that I love him seems insignificant and lacking. It is much deeper than that and I love seeing it grow more every day.

I adore you Michael and I can't think of any way I would rather spend my life than by your side, serving Jesus together every step of the way. <3 Happy 3rd anniversary Honey O' Mine!

No comments:


About Me

My photo
My name is Stephanie and I grew up in Florida. I have been drawing since I could hold a crayon. Even though I never had any formal training, I am well known for my vibrant style. I enjoy painting murals, drawing wall art, colorful stationary & invitations, and many other artistic projects. I am currently working on writing and illustrating my first book.

Followers