Monday, February 4, 2013

2012 in a nutshell...

1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before? 
I went on my first Mission's trip! Had a baby girl in a hospital with a team of amazing midwives, (my first was born at home), and was induced. Went Paleo!

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?  
I made a goal to eat healthier, get in shape and lose weight. I lost 54 pounds by the end of the year and totally changed my diet around to be 100% Paleo. I also resolved to grow closer to Jesus and He now means more to me than ever before!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?  
No, but I had my baby girl, Everlynn, on February 6, 2012!

4. Did anyone close to you die?  
Yes, Michael's grandfather.  

5. What countries did you visit?  
None this year.

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?  
a lot of things, but especially energy and more opportunities to minister to others.  

7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?  
That moment on February 6, when Everlynn was born and I looked into her beautiful big dark eyes! Love at first sight!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? 
Having a baby. Nursing with zero problems. Remodeling most of our home! Potty training Hudson.

9. What was your biggest failure?  
Worrying too much about what people think of me and trying to keep way too many people happy and pleased. Not being organized enough. Disappointing people.  

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? 
Some

11. What was the best thing you bought?  
Decorations for our home! Baby girl bedding from Pottery Barn Kids!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?  
My husband for being 100% supportive in my weight loss and health recovery journey!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?  
a lot of unmentioned people

14. Where did most of your money go?  
bills, fuel, food

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?  
Michael's ordination, Everlynn's baby dedication, our housewarming party that my parents threw, and getting to go to NC for Christmas!

16. What song will always remind you of 2012?  
"In My Own Little World" Matthew West and "Blessings" by Laura Story

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier or sadder?  
much much happier (not that i was unhappy before, I am just healthier now)!

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?  
spent more time with God

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?  
worrying over little stuff

20. What was your favorite TV program?  
Merlin, Marple, Poirot, Once Upon a Time

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? 
nope.

26. What was the best book you read?  
"Jesus + Nothing = Everything" by Tullian Tchividjian

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? 
"The Rend Collective Experiment", "The Civil Wars", and "She & Him"

28. What did you want and got?  
My own little home

30. What was your favorite film of this year? 
 The Hobbit

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?  
I turned 31. It was low key with family, but really a fun time spent at the mall and a restaurant!

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?  
More sleep  

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012? 
Postpartum Frumpiness. Thank goodness things are looking brighter in that area.  

34. What kept you sane?  
Jesus, Michael, and much prayer

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?  
My husband, the preacher  

36. What political issue stirred you the most?  
the whole presidential election... sigh

37. Who did you miss? 
my family and my best friend Crystal

38. Who was the best new person you met?  
Sharon Floyd. The wife of the Michigan Association of Regular Baptist Churches. She is my prayer partner and is so encouraging!!!!

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:  
letting go and learning how to live a life full of faith and grace

No comments:


About Me

My photo
My name is Stephanie and I grew up in Florida. I have been drawing since I could hold a crayon. Even though I never had any formal training, I am well known for my vibrant style. I enjoy painting murals, drawing wall art, colorful stationary & invitations, and many other artistic projects. I am currently working on writing and illustrating my first book.

Followers