Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Dream of a Lifetime...

Last night I dreamed that I was riding in a public bus. Michael was not with me, but waiting for me. As I sat there reading, we made a quick stop to pick up some more people. This man got on the bus and sat in the front. All of a sudden, he jumped up and started screaming and he shot and killed the bus driver. I was in the back and started praying. After he had shot the driver, he started walking towards the back, yelling as he came. He was screaming about how God did not love him so he was going to kill everyone.

I remember sitting calmly as he shot a couple more people and started coming towards me. He still had quite a ways to go, but out eyes met and he came straight towards me. He made me stand up, put the gun in my face, and asked me if I loved Jesus. He also told me that he would kill me if I did. I looked straight at him and told him that yes, I loved Jesus and that I knew Jesus loved Him as well. I also told him that I was not afraid to die because I knew for sure that I would go straight to heaven to live with Him. I remember trembling, not so much with fear, but just the knowledge that I was going to die. As he looked at me, and as talked, he started weeping and confessing. I remember feeling sad for him, but knew that he was in such pain. He put the gun down and left the bus where the police were. I remember seeing Michael and just crying as he held me because I knew that my life had almost been ended and why. I woke up then. Just amazing.

It is amazing to me now that I am awake and can think about it more. It convicted me to always stay strong and NEVER deny my Jesus. How easy would it be to just say, "no, I do not love Jesus". It would be very "easy" to deny Him, like Peter did when confronted if he knew Jesus. He was just concerned about saving himself. Yet, even being denied by Peter, Jesus forgave him and took him back.

Who said the life of the Christian is easy? I don't want "easy". I want to strive and never give up. I want to love my Jesus and serve Him until the day I do finally join Him in Heaven.
I hope this dream encourages you as it did me.

No comments:


About Me

My photo
My name is Stephanie and I grew up in Florida. I have been drawing since I could hold a crayon. Even though I never had any formal training, I am well known for my vibrant style. I enjoy painting murals, drawing wall art, colorful stationary & invitations, and many other artistic projects. I am currently working on writing and illustrating my first book.

Followers