Wednesday, May 21, 2008

There Shall Be Showers of Blessings...

God is truly amazing! The shower in Florida was overwhelming. I felt like crying the entire night. There were around 80 ladies who came! I just couldn't believe it. :-D I felt so so so loved. I got there a few minutes late (nothing new there... haha) but it worked out because everyone was already there and when I walked in, everyone started clapping and cheering. It took me almost the entire night to hug everyone I hadn't seen in so long.

We mingled for a while, ate some wonderful food, and then Aunt Mary (Jalbert) gave a beautiful devotion about loving, submitting to, and praying for our husbands. She then had three wonderful ladies (Mrs. Parks, Mrs. Knecht, & Aunt Jimmye (Hudson) pray over me... each one praying for me to love, submit, and pray for Michael. It was beautiful and I did cry! Who wouldn't cry? We then played a couple of fun games and then it was time to open gifts.
I started opening gifts and during this time I was gearing up for a little surprise of my own! Unknown to most of the ladies, my parents, Grandma and I had bought a ticket for Michael to fly to Florida so that he could meet all my family and friends plus spend his birthday with me. So at about 9:00, Jessica announced that there was a "mystery guest" who would be arriving shortly. People had no idea! When he walked in (with my brother Philip), a collective cheer went up around the room along with clapping and whistling. He is such a good sport. :-P It was awesome. :-D

I got some truly wonderful items, including a pink kitchen aid!!!! I almost fell over. :-D
I really didn't expect to get it!

One thing I appreciated so much was that it wasn't about the gifts! I hate going to showers where that is the priority. I mean, I love the stuff that people have so lovingly given us, but I love the people who gave them so much more! Another thing I must mention, is that those Cardwell ladies know how to throw a party full of elegance, fun, and beauty.

Thank you everyone who came and showed your support and encouragement in my life. You mean so much to me and I love you all! No matter what I do or where I will go, Florida and the people who live there will always hold a very special place in my heart.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

We enjoyed being there Stephanie!
Love ya! =)


About Me

My photo
My name is Stephanie and I grew up in Florida. I have been drawing since I could hold a crayon. Even though I never had any formal training, I am well known for my vibrant style. I enjoy painting murals, drawing wall art, colorful stationary & invitations, and many other artistic projects. I am currently working on writing and illustrating my first book.

Followers