Saturday, August 2, 2008

:-D

It has been a while since I've updated here. God has been so good to us.
His daily provision for our needs and His love for me overwhelms and astounds me.

We have been really busy! I have looking for a job and sending my resume different places. I know God will direct me to the right job.

Our most important news is that come March we will become parents...

We were surprised, but very very excited over the prospect of this immense responsibility and blessing in our lives. A lot of people counseled us that we should wait a couple years. We prayed before we got married, and after that God would be glorified in whatever happened. We feel that God chose to give us little "Peanut" to strengthen not only our faith, but the faith of the people around us as they see God's immense power in how He will provide for us. I always think of Jeremiah 29:11.... "...I know the plans I have for you..."

So other than the wonderful news of our little precious baby, Michael has been busy with work and a one credit (one week) class that he finished up yesterday (still has to do a test and turn in a paper next week), and I have been busy with setting up our little "nest". It really is a cute little apartment that perfectly fits all our needs. I know several people have requested pictures, so I will try to do that soon. The only thing left to buy for our apartment is curtain rods, curtains, and a lamp for one of the rooms. It is comfy, cozy, and so wonderfully shabby chic. :-P

A few weeks ago, we had the wonderful privelege of having a very godly Indian Pastor, Devadas Mekala (Daddy to all who know him) stay with us for about a week. What a special time of fellowship, prayer, laughter, and hearing about God's workings in the Bless India ministry. I have truly enjoyed getting to know Daddy, and can't wait to wear the beautiful red, black, white, and silver Sari he gave me sometime! He then went to Houston for a week and flew back and we drove him to Mississippi (near Memphis, TN and West Memphis, AK). We got to hang out with some amazing friends, David & Jill Denton (love them!), and eat dinner at the Lipscomb's mansion. I was very blessed to hear their testimony of their two daughters dying in a train accident and how so many people have come to the Lord through hearing their story.

Some prayer requests:
*That we can find a conservative, bible believing church where we feel welcome and where we can minister to others.
*For my health as I carry this child. I've been experiencing some morning sickness and extreme fatigue. Please pray I feel better soon!
*God's provision for our daily needs.
*That we can be a testimony to all around us and boldly share Jesus with everyone we meet.

1 comment:

Sarah Ann said...

Hey Michael and Steph, I am so excited that you are having a little one! Andrea told me about it already and I was so happy!!! I will be praying for you both as you prepare to be godly parents for this little one. Steph, I am praying for your pregnancy.
Love, Sarah


About Me

My photo
My name is Stephanie and I grew up in Florida. I have been drawing since I could hold a crayon. Even though I never had any formal training, I am well known for my vibrant style. I enjoy painting murals, drawing wall art, colorful stationary & invitations, and many other artistic projects. I am currently working on writing and illustrating my first book.

Followers