Monday, March 2, 2009

Announcing Hudson William Breznau...



I am now the mother of Hudson William Breznau!!!!
Born this morning at 9:45am, 7 lbs. 14 oz., 21.5" long!!!

My water broke around 1:15 am. I am so amazed. Three hours of active labor and only 56 min. of pushing. The worst pain I've ever experienced, but oh so worth it. Normal amount of bleeding and I did tear a little, but only two stitches worth. My midwife Donnellyn was incredible, and the two CPO's Laurie, and Hannah (Chapman) Tallo were wonderful as well. :-D The funny thing is that Hannah and I had planned to go to lunch today. Instead, she came to my house and helped deliver a baby. ;-)

He is so beautiful and nursing good. It is so funny to hear him gulping away. :-D

We named him after Hudson Taylor the Missionary, because of how he encouraged us with his work to live a life of faith. The William is after my wonderful loving Father who, other than Michael, is the most Godly man I know.

i feel like I got hit by a truck, but am so happy. I will post pictures soon. Thanks for prayers y'all. I am so shocked I went so early, but I can only imagine he would have been a lot bigger if I had gone all the way to the end. We both feel very blessed with our precious son and pray that God will help us to be good parents to him!

3 comments:

Sarah Ann said...

YEAH!!! Praise the Lord for a little healthy baby!!! I have been praying for you Steph, and Michael too! Glad to hear that all went well with the delivery!

Sara Fleming said...

Congratulations!!! Hudson is a doll :) Many prayers for your new little family! <3

Brent Deitrich said...

Yay! Better a short labor than a long drawn out one.


About Me

My photo
My name is Stephanie and I grew up in Florida. I have been drawing since I could hold a crayon. Even though I never had any formal training, I am well known for my vibrant style. I enjoy painting murals, drawing wall art, colorful stationary & invitations, and many other artistic projects. I am currently working on writing and illustrating my first book.

Followers