Sunday, March 1, 2009

Yummy recipes...

This is for you girls who love to cook! These are easy and yummy recipes!

Whole Wheat Popover
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp. salt
t tblsp. honey
1/2 tsp. vanilla


Thoroughly mix all ingredients together in order given.

Pour evenly into greased muffin cups at least 3/4 full. Keep making sure you stir the batter in the bowl as the flour has a tendency to settle at the bottom.

Bake at 450 for 15 min. Turn oven temperature to 350 and continue to bake about 20 min longer until golden brown.

Cool 5 min. before removing from pan. Serve immediately with butter, any flavor of all-fruit jam, and homemade honey sweetened whipped cream.

Easy Quiche
4 eggs
1 1/2 milk
1 tsp. salt
2 cups cheese
2 tbslp. flour


350 oven
Combine eggs, milk, and salt. Toss cheese with flour. Add cheese mixture to egg mixture. Pour into pie shell or if wanting low carb, just pour into greased dish. Bake 40-45 min. Let stand 10 min. before serving.

Variations:
You can add any cook veggie or meat to this dish. :-)

2 comments:

Mag's Meaning said...

Those recipes look great, Steph! :)

ShellyLynn said...

I tried the popovers this evening ... tasted great, looked terrible! But at least I tried, and homemade blackberry compote covers a multitude of mistakes. :)


About Me

My photo
My name is Stephanie and I grew up in Florida. I have been drawing since I could hold a crayon. Even though I never had any formal training, I am well known for my vibrant style. I enjoy painting murals, drawing wall art, colorful stationary & invitations, and many other artistic projects. I am currently working on writing and illustrating my first book.

Followers