Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Seeking Shelter in God...

As I was reading in my time with the Lord this morning, I found these following words a comfort to my soul. I want to always be aware of my attitude in hard times that it might reflect the One who saved me. I don't want to grumble or complain over hard times, but try to grow and learn through my circumstances, whatever they may be. I hope it encourages you as it has me.

"Some Christians treat God as a kind of insurance agent. In hard times, the expect Him to issue a claim check to restore what they've lost. While waiting for Him to change their circumstances for the better, they withhold fellowship from Him. Life's "squeeze" reveals their lack of submission and stubborn attitudes.
It is the heaven-born instinct of a child of God to seek shelter beneath the wings of the Almighty. The tendency to complain or to assert that God owes us something is not spiritual. The godly instict of a child of God is to says with Job, "Oh, that I might find Him."
~Joni Eareckson Tada~
"Seeking God"

No comments:


About Me

My photo
My name is Stephanie and I grew up in Florida. I have been drawing since I could hold a crayon. Even though I never had any formal training, I am well known for my vibrant style. I enjoy painting murals, drawing wall art, colorful stationary & invitations, and many other artistic projects. I am currently working on writing and illustrating my first book.

Followers