Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Sound Kick in the Ribs...

This baby loves to kick me… which is probably indicative that he is one energetic little boy. :-P He does NOT like the Doppler and it will usually jump and try to kick it away from him. He is moving a lot more and it has been thrilling for Michael and I to watch my belly shift as he does his little gymnastics. It is such a wonderful thing to see! By the way, his is not going to be a itty bitty boy. My midwife told me that she thinks he will be at LEAST 8 ½ pounds. I will be 32 weeks on Wednesday (yep, thus starts the 8 week countdown!), and was measuring 34 weeks this past Saturday.

As for my health, I am being very careful of my sugar intake (I don’t eat any processed and refined sugar… but I am trying to watch my natural sugars as well) and am also not eating any breads and stuff except for an occasional whole wheat pita or tortilla. I am also staying away from any corn products because it is an inflammatory. I can’t believe how my energy levels have dropped in the past week, resulting in TWO days where I had two naps (one in the morning and one in the afternoon and still went to bed at a decent time and slept good)! It must just be pregnancy, because I am taking Supermom, cod liver oil, vitamin C, chlorophyll, and calcium.

BTW, any of you pregnant ladies struggling with heartburn, you do NOT have to take Tums! I had it horribly and started using raw apple cider vinegar and papaya enzymes and it has gone away for the most part, unless I eat something I shouldn’t. When that happens, I take a few enzymes and it vanishes within minutes.

It has been SO much fun preparing for his arrival. Since my mother is making beautiful baby bedding, I don’t have to worry about registering for any (I never could find anything I really “loved” anyway until she showed me the fabric and asked what I thought. It is perfect.) God has really been providing... baby clothes, a bassinet, a crib and changing table, a pack n’ play, etc. I m so grateful to Him! I don’t have to put any of these things on my registry and can now put other smaller things like diapers, a diaper champ, etc. It does seem funny to be registering again, considering I was just registering for my wedding eight months ago. :-P :-D ;-)

The apartment is coming along, and I was even able to teach lessons on Saturday! It has been wonderful putting everything in order. The bathroom and kitchen are pretty much in place, but our bedroom, closet, and knowing what to do with all the boxes of books (there are probably 400 books in all!) is proving a bit challenging.

I am excited about all the people who have said they want to come and visit this summer and meet Peanut! :-D Any and all are welcome, though you will have to get a hotel or stay at the Dallas Training Center.

The Lord has been really good to us and I praise Him for His goodness and mercy!

Prayer Requests…

* More voice and piano students for me.
* Either free or REALLY inexpensive bookcases!
* Michael’s school… that he would grow in wisdom and understanding AND get good grades and be able to do all his assignments in time. God has really blessed him with almost perfect grades so far and he wants to continue to do his best in all that he does!
*That baby will continue in his head down position and continue growing healthy and strong.

No comments:


About Me

My photo
My name is Stephanie and I grew up in Florida. I have been drawing since I could hold a crayon. Even though I never had any formal training, I am well known for my vibrant style. I enjoy painting murals, drawing wall art, colorful stationary & invitations, and many other artistic projects. I am currently working on writing and illustrating my first book.

Followers