Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Very Special Day...

"The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him."
Proverbs 20:7

On January 4th of this year, I celebrated a very special anniversary day.

25 years ago, a wonderful man who I call Daddy officially gave me his last name and I legally became his daughter. Since the moment he came into my life when I was 14 months old, he has been a source of love, joy, peace, wisdom, caring, and steadfastness. He was a 32 year old bachelor when he married my mom and took the responsibility of two little girls. Up until Michael came into my life, Dad has been the most godly man I have ever known. He has also loved my mother unconditionally, which has been a great example to me!

Someone recently asked me to sum up my relationship with my dad and this is what I said...
My dad has always been constant and consistent. He knows what he believes, and always had certain rules but they were given because he loved me. He always took the time to listen to me and never discounted anything I ever said to him and tried to always understand me. i think the key to our relationship was showing genuine love and understanding and him putting my life, feelings, and well being before his. I didn't ask him to do that, but he did it anyway because he is unselfish. As you can tell, I love my dad very much. :-)

I love you Daddy!

No comments:


About Me

My photo
My name is Stephanie and I grew up in Florida. I have been drawing since I could hold a crayon. Even though I never had any formal training, I am well known for my vibrant style. I enjoy painting murals, drawing wall art, colorful stationary & invitations, and many other artistic projects. I am currently working on writing and illustrating my first book.

Followers