Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 in a nutshell...

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Got married, moved to Texas, got pregnant, was a official nanny, had a white christmas, made a snowman, ate some new things (scallops, crawfish,

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I made a goal to eat healthier, get in shape and lose weight. I lost 25 pounds by the time my wedding came around. Of course, I've now put it all back on but with good reason. ;-) I also resolved to grow closer to Jesus and He now means more to me than ever before!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister had my niece Lilly in July and Betsy just had little Jack this week!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
no.

5. What countries did you visit?
None this year.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
a lot of things

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 14th when I married the love of my life!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being pregnant and working two jobs... AND making dinner for my hubby every night!

9. What was your biggest failure?
Worrying way too much about what people think of me and trying to keep way too many people happy and pleased.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Morning sickness :-P

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My maternity coat! It feels so nice to have a warm belly.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband for taking care of me so well when I was so sick!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
a lot of unmentioned people

14. Where did most of your money go?
wedding, bills, rent, food

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting married, getting pregnant, and all the ways God has provided for us

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini... the song I walked down the aisle to!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier or sadder?
much much happier (not that i was unhappy before, I am just ecstatic now)!

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
spent even more time with my family

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
worrying over little stuff

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With family.

21. How will you be spending New Years?
We are just spending time as a family... eating pizza, popping popcorn, watching a movie, and then ushering in 2009 with some yummy Wildberry pomegranate non-alcoholic bubbly!

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Monk

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
nope.

26. What was the best book you read?
The Woman in White

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
can't think of anything new

28. What did you want and got?
my hubby

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Prince Caspian

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
we were on our honeymoon and michael got some sparkling non-alcoholic grape juice from the Blltmore and we got chinese take out and a boston creme cake and had a fun evening talking and eating. :-)

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not worrying so much about pleasing people through the whole wedding process.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
I decided to wear what I wanted as long as I felt pretty and wonderful in it! Therefore, I wore extremely feminine dresses and tops. Loved them!

34. What kept you sane?
Jesus, Michael, and much prayer

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I love Tony Shaloub... though I wouldn't say I fancied him. :-P

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
the whole presidential election... sigh

37. Who did you miss?
my family

38. Who was the best new person you met?
hmmm... I have met a ton of new people... would have to say Jen Bullinger.... but i also have enjoyed getting to know Shanna R., the Knight girls, the girls I met in Arlington from the Crossings, Michael's friends, the Daughtry's, Joe and Joanna Howard and their little munchkins, the Armitage's, and so many more!

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
letting go and learning how to live a life of faith

Happy new Year everyone! May this next year bring you closer to our Lord Jesus and may you find many opportunities to share Him with others. Love y'all!

No comments:


About Me

My photo
My name is Stephanie and I grew up in Florida. I have been drawing since I could hold a crayon. Even though I never had any formal training, I am well known for my vibrant style. I enjoy painting murals, drawing wall art, colorful stationary & invitations, and many other artistic projects. I am currently working on writing and illustrating my first book.

Followers