Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Beauty of His Blessings...

Sometimes it is hard to put into writing how God works in miraculous ways... trying to find the words to accurately describe our awe and reverence of His power. So many times I feel that I lack faith and trust. He always comes through, but yet I still doubt.

Let me tell you God's latest working in our life. :-)

*Blessing Number One*
On Saturday we only had a little bit in our bank account and rent was due and we needed groceries. Times are hard for everyone and two of my family's hadn't yet paid me (they are struggling just as much as we are) and Michael wouldn't get his paycheck until the 12th. We started praying and crying out to Him for help. I ended up playing the piano for Lauren and Adam Bell to sing at the Couples Christmas Conference at the Dallas Training Center Saturday night. To my complete surprise, they gave me a gift card to "Le Madeline" as a thank you. We went there on Sunday for lunch and what a treat!

Monday morning came and Michael went and talked to the finance department and asked that they hold our check until our paychecks came in on friday and they graciously agreed to that.

*Blessing Number Two*
Michael yet again won second place at his work and so we got another $50 gift card to a restaurant. :-D We will be celebrating our 6 month anniversary with it. :-D

Blessing Number Three... and what a miracle it is!
We were asked to lead a Christmas Carol sing-a-long at this Bible study that meets at the church where Michael works. Michael led and I played the piano. These people are really godly and truly have a close relationship with the Lord that is so encouraging to see and hear about. About a 100 people come to this Bible Study.

We finished and were about to walk off stage but Mr. S. (the leader) said, "Don't go quite yet, we have a little something for you". He then pulls out a card and opens it and reads it "O come all ye faithful... on your first Christmas together, may you remember His first Christmas". He then says "here is $100 bill for each of you". We were not expecting anything at all so we were shocked!

He then continued... "AND these two young people are really hard working and are EACH working two jobs... here is another $100 for each job" What... now it was up to $600?

And he still continues... "AND she is pregnant, so here is ANOTHER $200" and then he digs in his pocket... and says "aha, another $200 for you!" :-D I was completely overwhelmed and crying at this point. :-) $1,000! The Lord knew our need before we did and provided it for us. We can now pay for rent, AND I can buy some much needed winter clothes. There were so many things I needed...a winter coat, pants, boots, etc. for MI and I idn't have anything...but God knew all along!

*Blessing Number Four*
A lady came up to me after the Bible Study and gave us a crib and changing table! She had some more stuff for us too!

I have never had my faith tested like I have since June. Growing up in a middle class family where we weren't poor, but we weren't rich, my dad had a steady job at (GTE) verizon for 25 years. My faith has increased and grown in boundless ways since June. Sure it is been hard in some ways since June, but I wouldn't trade one single moment of it. Not only have I grown in MY faith, but we have grown closer together.

Thank you Lord for not only your provision, but your great mercy for us! I love you and I praise You!

2 comments:

Sarah Ann said...

WOW...Thanks for sharing that Steph!!! I almost cried reading about how the Lord has provided for you. I am also very tight financially since I had to leave a job, but the Lord is providing. Your stories were a a great encouragement. I am praying for you, Michael, and peanut!!!

Jaime said...

What a blessing for you!


About Me

My photo
My name is Stephanie and I grew up in Florida. I have been drawing since I could hold a crayon. Even though I never had any formal training, I am well known for my vibrant style. I enjoy painting murals, drawing wall art, colorful stationary & invitations, and many other artistic projects. I am currently working on writing and illustrating my first book.

Followers