Friday, October 31, 2008

The Temporary Absence of a Brain... I hope...

"Oh where is my brain?… oh where is my brain?… oh where oh where oh where oh where oh WHERE?….. is my brain!"Ack… I’ve listened to Veggie Tales one too many times. :-P

That, my dear friends, is what pregnancy has done to me.

I find that many things have changed. I cannot find anything (for instance... I couldn't find the Lawry's salt for two weeks and then found it in the fridge), I no longer care about asking for help in the grocery store, I talk to strangers like they are long lost friends, I cry over the smallest things, and I even tell anyone and everyone that I am pregnant (if they haven’t noticed yet).

The first stage of pregnancy, before I even KNEW I was pregnant, I was falling asleep all the time. I would yawn consistently when people were over and make them feel like they were the most boring company in the world… or I would just doze off with them there. Thankfully that stage ended with people happy for us and saying “THAT is why you fell asleep when I was in midsentence…”

I am so thankful that I have the dearest and sweetest husband in the world. I remember at the beginning of the pregnancy, I had these two weeks where I cried over everything like it was the end of the world. Poor bewildered Michael. After he realized it was completely hormonal and not him at all, he just went with the flow and held me as I soaked his shirt and left mascara marks.That stage was a short… err, long…. two weeks.

Then came the nauseous stage… constantly nauseous and no throwing up. It was horrid. I didn’t want to see, talk to, or be around anyone. Michael’s shaving lotion, cologne, mouthwash, deodorant… it all made me nauseous. Poor guy… I mean, talk about getting a complex. Think how your husband would feel if you said to him “Please don’t hug me right now because you make me want to throw up” :-P I said it just like that the first time and realized how it sounded… haha! I rephrased it the next time “Your cologne! Ahhh!” haha But it is ok… all my stuff made me nauseous too and I didn’t wear any perfume for about 3 weeks. Michael washed many dishes during this time.

After that, came the throwing up AND nauseous stage… for about a month. Oh goodness, it was just terrible. The worst I have ever felt in my life. Michael was wonderful and would come and hold my hair back. He was so patient, with even more dishes for him to wash.

When that stage was over, the fatigue hit full force. It is a different fatigue than the beginning of my pregnancy… more like, a constant wish to be sleeping. :-P I was so thankful to only be tired, that I was happy and rejoicing! I take naps and try to get to bed early so it is a breeze.

So that is where I am right now… 20 weeks and feeling great! I try my best to eat right (I am avoiding any caffeine… except a little chocolate now and then… MSG, high fructose corn syrup and corn syrup, and also trying to stay away from sugar in general… which is hard), and taking my vitamins. It is hard sometimes to remember everything I need to do.

This baby is a little jumping bean! It is the coolest feeling in the world to feel his/her little body swirling around in there. What a miracle! I can’t wait until November 20th when we will find out if we are having a boy or a girl. We have names picked out for either, but you will have to wait until their entrance into our grand world to find out. I love surprises! We call him/her “Peanut” right now.

I am so thankful that God has given us this dear precious little baby. Some random people have said negative comments, such as “that stinks” or “oh man!” but we know that God has a purpose for everything He does. Babies should be a blessing and never a burden. We also know that if He has given us this baby, then He will provide for it… and us! He is like that when we put our full trust and faith in Him and His amazing power. I am so glad I have Jesus in my life!

4 comments:

Test said...

Oh the memories of being pregnant!

You're brain will be gone until your baby is about 1. If you have another one quickly...it will be about 3 years. ;-)

When my second turned 1, I was like...oh this is what it's like to have my brian back!!

It's well worth it!

Lee Ann said...

hehe, ya, the memory part of my brain left once Ivory was born! It still hasn't come back yet...

Hannah said...

hey! we got an apartment in grapevine, its not too far from Dallas. Close to the DFW airport. i know I am looking forward to getting to know you more! =)

its an optionon on your blog when you go to your settings. go to layout and then add a gadget. its the poll one. i know its kinda fun! =)

Aimee Friedrich said...

hi, love your blog! my brain still hasn't returned and our youngest is 2. So happy for you guys; can't wait to hear the news; I get snippets here and there from my grandparents.


About Me

My photo
My name is Stephanie and I grew up in Florida. I have been drawing since I could hold a crayon. Even though I never had any formal training, I am well known for my vibrant style. I enjoy painting murals, drawing wall art, colorful stationary & invitations, and many other artistic projects. I am currently working on writing and illustrating my first book.

Followers