Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Saddened....

I am in tears right now, on my knees for my country. My heart is tight in my chest, as I wonder what will happen these next 4 years. People keep saying "This is God's will". I do believe in God's will... but when His people do nothing, He does allow bad things to happen. That is what I believe is happening.

Obama is against everything I believe in as a Christian. He is pro-abortion, pro-homosexuality, etc. People say... abortion is a smaller issue. When did human life become labeled as the "smaller issue"? How could anyone who claims to be a Christian vote for him? I have a hard time wrapping my mind around that. All I can say is, they wanted him... and now they have him.

I am also tired of hearing that this is God's will. Actually, I believe that God's will and Him allowing things to happen are two different things. This may not be a popular thing to say but I believe it. , but sometimes we ask God many times for something that He does not want for us. Eventually, we ask persistently so many times... He says "Ok, you can have it"... but it is not what He desired for us. This is what I believe has happened.

Lord, protect our Christian rights!
Help us to continue to worship freely... speak freely against the rampant sin in our day.
Lord, help us to continue to be able to preach and share about You.
Lord, help me to stay strong no matter what may come!
Amen

No comments:


About Me

My photo
My name is Stephanie and I grew up in Florida. I have been drawing since I could hold a crayon. Even though I never had any formal training, I am well known for my vibrant style. I enjoy painting murals, drawing wall art, colorful stationary & invitations, and many other artistic projects. I am currently working on writing and illustrating my first book.

Followers